Academic Journal Articles:
- Use of Otoliths to Determine Age and Growth of Largemouth Bass in Florida
- AGE ASSESSMENT OF WHITE BASS FROM OTOLITHS, DORSAL SPINES, AND SCALES
- Utility of Scales and Whole Otoliths for Aging Largemouth Bass in North Carolina-Sums up advantages and disadvantages of scales vs. otoliths, specific to LMB in the southeast.
General Audience Articles:
- Underweight or Stunted what is the Difference? From Texas Pond Management blog.
- Determining Relative Weight of Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, and Shellcracker Using relative weight is a quick way to determine if these fish are over or underweight.